Through grantmaking, members of the Women's and Girls' Fund become philanthropists and advocates of positive social change. We rely on community research, data and the participation of community members to identify an area of focus each year. Issues of focus can range from women's and girls' health and economic concerns to safety and domestic violence, education, and more. We value social change grantmaking that focuses on long-term solutions to societal problems facing women and girls in all parts of Kern County. Additional information is available in our grant policies and in the application materials below. Contact us to learn more, or view our brochure.
Read about our past grantees here.
Total grant dollars available in 2017: Up to $50,000
Maximum grant request: $15,000
The Women's and Girls' Fund grantmaking policy and focus area.
As a field of interest fund of the Kern Community Foundation, we comply with the Foundationís grant-making guidelines. Organizations should have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit designation or fiscal agent. All organizations seeking funds must have a presence in Kern County and all programs must benefit women or girls within Kern County.
Funding is typically for one year only. Multi-year grant requests may be considered, but applicant should also be prepared to accept one yearís funding only. All requested follow-up reports for previous grants from the Foundation (including The Womenís and Girlsí Fund) must be on file before an agency can apply for additional funding.
Nonprofits submitting full applications should have their organizational profile online at Kern Community Foundationís Nonprofit Search. Contact the Foundation for more information and assistance.
Interested applicants may submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) on the Foundationís Online Grant Platform. Due November 10, 2016.
- September 12, 2016 Ė (12:00noon) Announcement of Focus Area and LOIs open for Kern nonprofits
- November 10, 2016 (5:00pm Pacific Time) - Letters of Intent due online
- December 2, 2016 - Invitations / Declinations to Apply are emailed
- January 9, 2016 (12:00 noon-2:00) - Grants writing tutorial (Bring Your Own Lunch; optional)
- January 27, 2017 (5:00pm Pacific Time) - Application packets due online
- February 8, 2017 (1:00-5:00p.m.) - Applicant interviews with Grants Allocation Committee
- February 20, 2017 - Grantees notified (provisional notice, pending Board approval)
- April 26, 2017 - Grants awarded at annual luncheon of The Women's and Girls' Fund
September 12, 2016
November 10, 2016