Kern Community Foundation to Award Grants from Arthritis Association Fund
Oct 2, 2013
The Arthritis Association of Kern County Fund at Kern Community Foundation is awarding $205,000 to local nonprofit organizations that serve Kern County by providing direct health or educational services to people with special needs or disabilities. The awards will be distributed to the following organizations:
- New Advances for People with Disabilities (NAPD) - $20,000
- The Jeremy Staat Foundation - $10,000
- Bakersfield ARC (BARC) - $20,000
- MARE Riding Center - $10,000
- Bakersfield College Foundation, Scholarship Fund for Disabled Students - $50,000
- League of Dreams - $50,000
- Pine Meadow Counseling - $15,000
- H.E.A.R.T.S. Connection - $20,000
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Kern County Chapter - $5,000
- Kern County Burn Survivor Trust - $5,000
The grants will be presented at “Philanthropy on Tap,” at Imbibe Wines on October 7th at 5:00pm. The Foundation will also recognize Terrio Physical Therapy and Fitness for its charitable efforts.
Kern Community Foundation is a vibrant nonprofit enterprise with the powerfully simple mission of growing community and growing philanthropy. The Foundation is in business to serve as a charitable resource for local donors and corporations, and to generate capital that provides philanthropic solutions to help make Kern County a better place to live, to work and to visit. Since its establishment in 1999, the Foundation has grown to hold more than 100 charitable funds with assets of more than $16 million, and has awarded more than $9 million to improve Kern County’s quality of life.