Kern Community Wellness Grants awarded
Jun 26, 2009
The primary focus of the Kern Community Wellness Fund (K-CWF) grantmaking program is to provide grants through a competitive process for innovative health outreach and promotion activity serving underserved populations in rural areas of Kern County.
This year, five recipients were presented checks for a combined grant award of $63,000 and they are:
- Arvin Family Resource Center - $8,500 Costs to support children's vision and dental services
- Clinica Sierra Vista - $13,740 Costs to purchase prescription medications for rural homeless individuals
- Kernville Family Resource Center - $15,000 Costs for dental screenings
- Mercy Foundation - $15,000 Costs associated with enrolling children into health insurance programs
- Taft College Foundation - $10,760 Costs for dental screenings and follow-up
This program is funded by a grant received from The California Wellness Foundation (TCWF) whose mission is to improve the health of the people of California by making grants for health promotion, wellness education and disease prevention.