Now through Sept. 8: Register Your Nonprofit for Inclusion in Kern Community Foundation's 2018 Charity Giving Guide
Aug 7, 2017
Kern Community Foundation's Nonprofit Strengthening Initiative begins with the agencies we serve: Nonprofits operating in Kern County. In order to provide the highest level of support, we require all nonprofits to register with us to receive our wide range of Nonprofit Services.
We usually reach out to local agencies in the latter half of odd-numbered years, with a reminder to update their Agency Profile with us, as well as the content of their profile on GuideStar.org--the largest and most trusted source of information on nonprofits--to ensure they have a GuideStar Silver, Gold or Platinum rating. Completing both of these requirements will allow your organization to be eligible for future competitive grant opportunities and highly publicized special programs and events like Philanthropy on Tap and Give Big Kern.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY, SEPT. 8
Benefits of Registration
Registered nonprofits will be featured in the Foundation's Charity Giving Guide, and also be eligible for the following opportunities:
- Philanthropy on Tap - Qualify to apply for our "visibility grant" to be showcased before Bakersfield Young Professionals, who could become your agency's next wave of donors and volunteers.
- Competitive Grants - Qualify to apply for grants from The Women's and Girls' Fund of Kern County, as well as designated and endowment funds targeting the strengthening of nonprofits and services in the Kern River Valley area.
- Give Big Kern - Qualify to participate in Give Big Kern, our annual 24-hour online giving marathon, whereby agencies can appeal to their donors for gifts of unrestricted dollars raised through this 21st Century crowdfunding initiative.
- Nonprofit Endowment Partnership - Receive training and education from the Foundation on endowment building and planned giving.
How to Register: A Two-Step Process
1. Have a Silver, Gold, or Platinum level participation seal on your GuideStar report. Not sure of your nonprofit's status? Search on GuideStar using your agency's name or EIN (Employer Identification Number, also known as the Federal Tax ID Number). Need to create or update your GuideStar report? Find instructions here.
2. Fill out the registration form on our Online Grants Platform. Create an account or log in to your existing one. Then click "Apply" and choose the option for "Nonprofit Registration for Foundation Services." (IMPORTANT: IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT, BE SURE TO UPDATE IT WITH YOUR AGENCY'S MOST CURRENT INFORMATION.
AGAIN: DEADLINE IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY, SEPT. 8, 2017
Questions? Contact email@example.com, or call 661.616.2617.