Ways to Give
Kern Community Foundation is pleased to offer a variety of services and tools to help you make the most of your charitable dollars and enjoy a meaningful giving experience. We accept a range of assets and can facilitate even very complex forms of giving.
Make a gift of:
- Stocks, bonds and mutual fund shares
- Real estate
- Life insurance
- Retirement assets such as a 401(k), 403(b), individual retirement accounts (IRA) or other qualified retirement programs
- Interest in limited partnerships
Contribute to a fund, including
- Unrestricted funds that meet ever-changing community needs
- Field of interest funds which connect personal values to high-impact opportunities
- Designated funds that help local organizations sustain and grow
- Scholarships to invest in deserving students
- Donor advised funds, which offer a personalized approach to giving
- Supporting organizations for a high-impact, low-hassle alternative to private foundations
- Tribute gifts, which honor community members and commemorate important events
Establish a fund
Generally a contribution of $10,000 or more is needed to create a new fund, but there is no minimum amount for giving to an existing fund.
For appreciated stock or qualified retirement assets, a direct transfer will deliver maximum tax advantages.
Contact us to learn about great giving strategies, and to begin your personalized giving plan.