About the Foundation
Kern Community Foundation is a vibrant nonprofit enterprise with a powerfully simple mission of growing community and growing philanthropy.
We are known as:
- a home for local philanthropists.
- a results-oriented grantmaker.
- a trusted community leader.
We are in business:
- to serve as a charitable resource for local donors and corporations.
- to generate capital that provides philanthropic solutions to help make Kern County a better place to live, to work and to visit.
Kern Community Foundation believes in philanthropy – the practice of giving now and making long term investments to support effective charitable organizations and programs forever. We know that between 2010 and 2060, the residents of Kern County will transfer at least $80 billion between generations. We will work to inspire people to contribute at least 5 percent of this wealth, a total of $4 billion, to permanent endowments that could generate $200 million annually to make Kern County a better place to live, to work and to visit.
Discover a better way to give using one of the following products:
- Donor Advised Fund – A simple way to help organize your charitable giving. A cost-effective alternative to a private or corporate foundation.
- Endowment – A meaningful way to establish and leave a charitable legacy. A permanent fund to support a favorite charitable issue or organization forever.
- Giving Card – A fun way to “give the gift of giving” to friends or employees. Much like a retail gift card, a Giving Card can be purchased and redeemed to benefit any 501(c)(3) public charity in the United States.
Local nonprofit organizations are invited to contact us to learn about:
- Nonprofit Search – An online database used by donors to find, to learn about and to give directly to charitable organizations in Kern County.
- Competitive Grants – Grant guidelines are posted online when grants are available, and in most cases describe initiatives designed to build the capacity of local nonprofit organizations.
- Agency Endowments – Organizations with a profitable annual campaign and an established reserve can benefit from a permanent fund held and managed by the Foundation for the future benefit of their mission, as well as expert planned giving assistance from our staff.